Nusajaya – Click Here to see Masterplan Map
1. Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya. This waterfront precinct, is an integrated waterfront and marina development that spans 688 acres offering a panoramic view of the Straits of Johor. Puteri Harbour redefines luxury living and offers boundless real estate benefits to the astute investor. Located adjacent to Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), Puteri Harbour will be a unique luxurious lifestyle community, offering the experience of exceptional waterfront living, dining, entertainment, the arts and culture in a safe and picture postcard natural setting.
It is an ideal location for global or regional commerce and events, with state-of-the-art facilities and a business-friendly environment that will create world-class personal or business investment opportunities.
Puteri Harbour’s development components comprise waterfront residential (prime waterfront properties), commercial development (offices and retail shops), FAME ( Food & beverage outlets, Arts, Music and Entertainment), transportation hub (water transport terminal for water taxis and ferry, bus terminal, tram and LRT station), a marina (berthing, chandlery and accommodation facilities for boaters, yachters, boat/yacht charter owners/operators and water sports owners/operators) and a Cultural Park initiated and owned by the Johor State Government.
2. Labelled a clean and green, world-class managed industrial park, SiLC or Southern Industrial and Logistics Clusters capitalizes on its proximity to an established network of two international airports and five seaports. An industrial zone with a unique green industrial park concept, SiLC Nusajaya is designed and planned to meet the current demand for environmentally sustainable development that complements both the economy and quality of life.
The 1,300 acres of industrial park will be focused on developing the value chains of integrated “clean” industrial clusters in three major areas – Advanced Technologies, Nutrition & Health and Logistics. SiLC Nusajaya augments its efforts with serviced lots, ready-for-operations factories, Science and R&D parks, a business centre, training centres, street CCTV surveillance, guard-houses at entry and exit checkpoints, residential communities and workers’ housing.
Its One-stop Customer Support facilitates the various processes involved in setting up and operating such as business license and building plan approval; workers’ management such as visas, work permits and housing; and Centre Staffing such as recruitment, training and support. SiLC Nusajaya is located to the North-West of the Central Planning Area in Nusajaya. SiLC Nusajaya is directly accessible from the Malaysia-Singapore Second Crossing via the Pulai Interchange, as well as via the B5 Road from the Gelang Patah Interchange.
Region’s Premier Biotechnology Ecosystem to be developed at SiLC Nusajaya:
17 September 2009 – UEM Land Holdings Berhad and Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Sdn Bhd today signed a Joint Venture Agreement to develop a biotechnology ecosystem known as Bio-XCell at SiLC Nusajaya. Under the agreement, an initial investment i 72.5 acres of land with an estimated developement cost of RM550 million will be made.
Bio-XCell – a dedicated biotechnology park with custom-built facilities catering to commercial developemnt, R&D as well as production of Industrial and pharmaceutical biotechnology ecosystem benchmarked against the world’s leading science parks. Positioned as a premier biotechnology park in Malaysia and the ASEAN region, Bio-XCell is poised to leverage on Singapore’s biotechnology cluster.
3. Nusajaya Residences combine the best of urban living and the refreshing, de-stressing power of nature. Complemented by modern amenities and infrastructure that put safety and security foremost, they are set amidst oases or green, in the form of landscaped parks, gardens and the tropical mangroves of coastal Johor. Each development will boast signature features that distinguish it from the rest, elevating them from mere bricks and mortar to embodiments of lifestyle statements. Among the residential areas being developed are Horizon Hills, Ledang Heights and Nusa Idaman.
East Ledang is UEM Land’s most prestigious offering with contemporary and spacious luxury resort homes nestled within seven parks featuring 31 esoteric, intimate and lush gardens. The lake, forest, wetland and canal themes here are melded together with tropical landscaping celebrating nature and where ‘space’ means much than mere dimensions, both in the residences and in the overall 275-acre secured, guarded, patrolled and monitored community here. The gardens of East Ledang – This is indeed how living spaces should be.
Horizon Hills is an up-market mixed golf residential development that features a variety of landscapes that are a joy to the senses. Homes at ‘The Gateway’, Horizon Hills’ maiden launch, enjoy sweeping views of fairways towards the South and lush greenery of woodlands towards the North. The elevated terrains of ‘The Hills’ and ‘The Peak’ offer soothing picturesque views and stunning sunsets while the lake front homes of ‘The Cove’ and ‘The Island’ fulfill a lakeside living lifestyle. The lush parks of ‘The Greens’ and ‘The Woodlands’ entwine with luxurious homes, residences on ‘The Golf’ are enfolded with fairways and greens crafted on preserved lush landscape while canals along the east edge interweave with the homes for a serene backdrop. Top notch 24-hour security completes this residential haven in Nusajaya.
Ledang Heights is an exclusive bungalow only enclave located in the prime residential area of Nusajaya. Designed and laid out to make the most of the 360 acres of rolling hills on which it is located, Ledang Heights offers generous plot sizes to build your desired palatial home. Spaciousness is a definitive feature of Ledang Heights with its picturesque lake vistas and lush green central park while its 24-hour security creates a sanctuary for your total peace of mind. Its unbeatable location makes it only a 30 minute drive from downtown Singapore.
Nusa Idaman is a mixed development spanning 250 acres in the suburbs of Nusajaya. This mixed development was the first in Malaysia to introduce anti-termite homes, precinct concept, single entry and exit points, low density, lush parks and family recreation space. This residential precinct which is adjacent to a 650-acre urban forest (Regional Open Space) also features a large linear park. The development components of Nusa Idaman are residential and commercial units, kindergarten, primary school, mosque, a community hall, public field, recreation lake, petrol stations, landscaped parks and vista points.
4. Nusajaya’s Afiat Healthpark will be tailored specifically towards developing healthcare facilities to meet the increasing local and regional demand for premier and holistic healthcare services. The Afiat Healthpark will provide world class healthcare services by trusted professionals within a fully integrated development. Residing in the city will be a fusion of hospitals, polyclinics, specialists’ suites, centres of excellence, research and development facilities, complemented by wellness centres that emphasise traditional treatment, creating a truly holistic healthcare environment.
Spanning 68 acres, this premier healthpark caters to three distinctive areas under the health spectrum, namely modern medicine, traditional and complementary medicine (TCM) and wellness. Afiat Healthpark will include a private hospital, private specialist clinics, a health screening centre, a commercial village, a nursing college, a rehabilitation centre, a dialysis centre and facilities for traditional and complementary medicines.
The proposed hospital development is by Columbia Asia, owned by the principals of Columbia Pacific Group, a Seattle, Washington developer and operator of health care and retirement housing facilities throughout the world. This forms the first phase development of Afiat Healthpark which also includes a neighbourhood commercial centre, private specialist’s clinic and a health screening centre.
5. EduCity at Nusajaya is positioned to be a regional education hub and a destination for quality world-class education within a 6-hour flight radius of major Asian cities. The 600 acres education enclave is envisioned as “A Community of Best Practices in Academia” and is adopting the best-of-breed approach in bringing world-class education to Malaysia. It is aligned with the Ninth Malaysia Plan objective to promote Malaysia as a centre of educational excellence. It is conceptualized to be an academic hub comprising the whole ecology of education; encompassing pre-school, primary, lower secondary, upper secondary, pre-university and tertiary education with a view towards bringing world-class education to Malaysia.
EduCity will be a fully integrated knowledge-based hub comprising world class universities, knowledge-based industry leaders, industry centric R & D clusters, Academia-industry action center, international schools & colleges, living & recreational facilities and conference & exhibition amenities of world standing.
6. Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre) is a 320-acre integrated development comprising Johor State and Federal Government offices, set amidst landscaped gardens and parks. Kota Iskandar’s milieu of state and federal government complexes within one area will contribute to facilitate the government machinery’s efficiency befitting the status of a modern and progressive administration. With improved facilities, connectivity and efficiency, the public sector administration will offer enhanced support to existing business within Nusajaya and to attracting companies that have greater positive impact on the economy and quality of life.
The components that will establish Kota Iskandar as the seat of Johor’s government are the Johor State Assembly, Chief Minister & State Secretary Complex, Dataran Mahkota Plaza and the State Government Departments Complex that will be completed during Phase 1. The development of the Federal Government Department Complex is scheduled for completion during Phase 3.
7. The International Destination Resort is envisioned to be a complete destination resort anchored by international brand theme parks and other themed attractions. The International Destination Resort in Nusajaya will feature theme parks, water parks, 5-star hotels, resorts, prime real estate, golf courses, upmarket retail centres, restaurant districts and a marina.
The International Destination Resort at Nusajaya aims to be different from other Southeast and East Asian regional theme parks through state-of-the-art design, content and attractions. Due to its proximity to Singapore, it is also designed to complement Singapore’s Integrated Resorts by offering a world-class destination resort located in a lush tropical setting 13.8 times the size of the combined integrated resorts in Singapore. The International Destination Resort is easily accessible from Singapore, being approximately 40 km or just a half hour drive from downtown Singapore and 25 km from Johor Bahru city centre.
8. Medini is within the Nusajaya development zone, one of the five Flagship Zones of Iskandar Malaysia, and encompasses a desire to deliver a most conducive ambience of life, work and leisure. Comprising an area of 2,300 acres, it will be an attractive, vibrant and modern development of global standards where residents, businesses and visitors will enjoy a world-class environment that strives for growth and sustainability.
04 March 2011
Business Times Latest commercial development reflects region’s investment pull Medini, the flagship development of Iskandar Malaysia, has received a further boost in the form of a RM688 million (S$285 million) commercial development to highlight the growing attractiveness of the region to investors. The agreement for the 10.3 acre development, situated in the region’s financial and business centre, was signed yesterday between Global Capital Developments (GCD), which is the concession holder tasked with the development of Medini, and Platinum Meadow, a wholly owned subsidiary of leading Malaysian construction and property development company WCT Berhad. This latest project strengthens WCT’s growing presence and reputation in the region, as the company already has a joint venture deal with Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB) to develop 1Medini – the city’s first residential development – and takes the gross development value of its projects in Medini to RM1.3 billion. ‘As an internationally recognised company, WCT’s presence in the Medini Business District raises the value of commercial development in and around Medini, Iskandar Malaysia,’ said Keith Martin, chief executive of GCD. ‘The inking of this investment deal with GCD forms part of the company’s business plans to expand its property development presence in the southern region and to complement the development of 1Medini Residences,’ said WCT managing director Taing Kim Hwa. Just last week, GCD had attracted another big name investor to Medini. It had reached an agreement with Pantai Holdings to develop Gleneagles Medini Hospital. The RM500 million deal will see the 300-bed private tertiary hospital developed across 15 acres of land in Medini North and positioned as one of the premium hospitals under Parkway Health. These developments will enhance the impressive list of projects in the Medini Business District, which includes a media village cluster development intended to support Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios. The studios are a US$150 million film and television production facility that is expected to create more than 3,000 jobs. Besides these developments, Iskandar Malaysia has major investments in manufacturing and lifestyle projects, such as the RM1.5 billion stainless steel plant joint venture between Spanish stainless steel maker Acerinox and Japan’s Nisshin Steel, and the RM750 million theme park Legoland Malaysia, which is expected to open by 2012. GCD, which represents investors from the Middle East and Malaysia that include IIB and the Abu Dhabi government investment company Mubadala, is optimistic about attracting more investments to Medini. ‘The quality and range of business, leisure and social infrastructure, combined with the development’s proximity to Singapore and rapid transit connections throughout Malaysia and the region, make Medini a very compelling proposition,’ Mr Martin said. GCD is now conducting a feasibility study to develop Plaza Medini, a two million square feet commercial mixed-use project consisting of office space, hospitality venues, serviced apartments and retail outlets.